It Came from Hell: Teen Pop Stars

Baby, Baby, Baby, Friday, Friday, Friday.  I could go on and on.  Not that I would want to.

I don't know about you, but I would rather sit in boiling oil for eternity rather than listen to Bieber and Black for however long the entire discography for both of them combined would last (what, 30 minutes or something?)  But then again I'm not a prepubescent girl with problems that include choosing the right seat.

Uh, the one on the right.
I was lucky enough to grow up in the time where we had the good stuff.  I wasn't a girl back then (or now, fyi), but if I were, I would have grown up satisfying my strange pubescent girl urges thinking about Timberlake instead of Bieber.  The bands we had back then actually provided us with a fine moral upbrining; Backstreet Boys, N'sync, and Britney Spears- just look at them now:
Never mind.


Believe it or not, there were bad singers even before the technology existed to make them sound good through auto-tune.  Back then, they had other people sing while the good looking people lip synched to them.  Then Britain invented this thing called "The Beatles"  who both could sing and make girls produce excretions of which they had never produced before.  Our teen pop-stars of today are from Canada.  Thanks, eh?

On a semi- related note, who else remembers Kidz-Bop?  They took all the good pop songs of the time, took out all the sexual references and cursing, and made kids sing them.  We didn't even care if it sounded like crap, we could sing along with our own squeaky voices without having to thing you sounded bad.  Nowadays, kids already sing the songs.

3 Response to "It Came from Hell: Teen Pop Stars"

  1. themajessty September 9, 2011 at 7:05 PM
    I laughed out loud at the Rebecca Black picture.

    Honestly, I don't think Britney Spears is THAT good. Her music is mediocre. The Beatles, on the other hand, had some real talent.
  2. GoGoGoViral September 9, 2011 at 10:01 PM
    I can't stand RB, and BS can rot. I'm generally not down with pop. lol.
  3. Unknown September 10, 2011 at 10:33 AM
    I bet both these chicks could suck a golf ball through a garden hose

Post a Comment